The Vietnam Ministry of Construction and the Laos Ministry of Public Works and Transport signed a Memorandum of Understanding
10/10/18 10:06 AM
On the occasion of the official visit to the Lao People's Democratic Republic from 8-10 October 2018 by Tran Quoc Vuong, Member of Politburo, Standing Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam to Laos, Mr Pham Hong Ha, Member of the Party Central Committee, Minister of Construction, together with Comrade Bunyong Xin-ta-lo, Member of the Party Central Committee, Minister of Laos Public Works and Transportation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Vietnam Ministry of Construction and the Laos Ministry of Public Works and Transport in the field of construction, in the presence of of Tran Quoc Vuong and Phăn-khăm Vị-phả-văn, Member of the Politburo, Standing Secretary of the Central Committee of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party.
Minister Pham Hong Ha and Minister Bun-chăn Xin-ta-vong signed the MoU
The Memorandum is the work of the two Ministers from March 2018 to unify the content of the Memorandum of Understanding to further enhance cooperation in the spirit of great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries Vietnam - Laos in general and two ministries in particular.
Following fields are mentioned in the MoU:
- Information exchanging and support to ensure the progress and quality of Project of the Laos National Assembly House.
- Cooperation in the field of state management, in particular: exchange of documents, experts and experience, support to research and compile legal documents on architecture, urban planning, water supply and environmental sanitation, construction investment project management, contract management, construction investment management, quality management of construction works.
- Cooperation in the field of human resources training.
- Creation conditions for Vietnamese construction companies to participate in construction investment projects in Laos.
- The two sides suggested that two countries bring the cooperation contents of this MoU into the minutes of the meetings of the Vietnam-Laos Intergovernmental Committee for implementation.
- Two sides will hold an annual meeting to exchange and review the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding.
Two sides took photograph.
On this occasion, Mr. Tran Quoc Vuong - Member of the Politburo, Standing Secretary of the Secretariat and Minister Pham Hong Ha visited the construction site of the Laos National Assembly House.
Written by: Thanh Tung
Translated by: Mai Anh