1. Develop guidelines, orientations, strategies, mechanisms, policies, legal documents, instruction documents for construction economic, urban economics for the Ministry submit to the authorities approval or Ministry approval, issued under the authority.
2. Guide, supervise, inspect the implementation of mechanisms, policies, the legal documents on construction economics, urban economics of ministries, local, agencies, units, organizations active in the field of state management of Ministry.
3. Subscribe, synthesis, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of mechanisms, policies on construction economic, urban economics of ministries, local, agencies, units, organizations active in the field of state management of Ministry.
4. Coordinate with other units, organizations involved, the local for performing state management on construction economic, urban economics, housing and real estate economics, new rural economic.
5. Bulding and submit to The Ministry for issued, guidelines, inspects of preparation and management of the construction cost including : total construction investment, construction cost estimates, construction norms and value construction, measurement of mass exploitation works , the length of time construction, evaluation methods construction machines and equipments, methods of determining construction price index; guide, inspect the establishment and management of the construction planning cost, consultancy construction cost.
6. Bulding and submit to The Ministry for announced, guide, inspect the implementation of construction norms and norms for infrastructure services, norms for urban services, investment performance, construction price index.
7. Bulding and submit to The Ministry for issued, guide and inspect the implementation of the law on contracts in construction activities; methods of adjustment for construction contracts. Research, propose to Ministry for published template of construction contract.
8. Guide, inspect the implementation of regulations on hiring foreign consultants activities in construction field inVietnam.
9. Guide, inspect the implementation of the provisions of the law on the capability of organizations and individuals engaged in consulting management investment construction cost.
10. Chair and coordinate with the relevant departments research, drafting to submit to Minister for promulgate regulations regarding certification of construction cost engineers, training curriculum, fostering skill of construction price and guide, inspect the implementation.
11. Develop training programs, fostering skill of economic management, management construction contract for the partipants activities in management construction.
12. Guide, inspect the establishment and management of the cost of infrastructure services (transport infrastructure in urban; water supply, drainage, sewage, lighting, park, greenery, meaning page, urban solid waste, industrial parks, economic zones, high technology zones) and other types of urban services.
13. Research and propose mechanisms, policies related to the management and development of Construction, including:
13.1. Policy of Management economic for the management and development in the field of state management of Ministry;
13.2. Policy management cost of construction materials, housing costs and the real estate on the market mechanism to stabilize the market price;
13.3. Guiding the implementation management of public services cost related to the field of state management of Ministry.
14. Appraisal the total investment, evaluation verification norms, unit prices and estimates:
14.1. The project of construction investment group A, important projects, the national key projects as arrange according to gradation and assigned by the Prime Minister;
14.2. Evaluation and verification of the construction projects as assigned under in accordance with the Ministry of Construction;
14.3. The project construction investment by the Ministry of Construction is the investor, the investment decision.
15. Clue, coordinate with relevant agencies develop policies on investment in the form of public - private partnership (PPP ) under the management of the Ministry of Construction.
16. Construction Economics Department has right:
16.1. Require agencies and organizations active in the field of state management of the Ministry to provide documents and data necessary for the implementation of the field work of the Department;
16.2. Ministers are authorized to sign several of documents about the field of work of the Department in accordance with the regulations of working of MOC.
17. Perform other duties, powers as assigned by the Minister.
1. Construction Economics Department have the Head of Department, Deputy Head of Department and a number of professional staffing norms consistent with the needs, tasks of the Department in each period.
2. The Head of Department, Deputy Head of Department to appointment, dismissal, demotion by Minister of Construction in accordance with the Party and the law.
3. Based on the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Construction Economics Department, the Head of Department is responsible for the planning stages, identify staffing needs of the Department, build and working regulations issued by the Department; assign tasks, clearly define authority and responsibility of each individual in the the Department and report to the Minister.
4. Head of Department is responsible to the Minister and the law on the entire operation of the Department, Deputy Head of Department is responsible to the Head of Department and the law on the areas assigned.
Source: Decision 979/QD-BXD.
(This translation is for reference only)